Mirror mode, Imaging drive with 100% bit by bit copy – any OS and any file system, with HASH verification mechanism which includes Hash target drives and compare to source drive for 100% data transferred verification. The user can also image a portion of the drive by adjusting the % of the bit by bit mirror imagingDuplication drives with a Quick Copy – The application supports duplication of the files system only,(Partitions) from many source drives that have the following file system: FAT/NTFS/exFAT/HFS+/Linux EXT2-4 to many target drives.
Also, the application automatically performs:
- Partitions scanning on the source drive
- Partitions scaling on the target drive
- Ability to Copy Encrypted partition and unrecognized partition
- Scale Options:
Scale all partitions
Selectively scale partitions
- Disable scaling
Scale down partition (Not for EXT 2-4 and not HFS+): If the data on the source drive does not occupy the whole drive, user can copy it to a smaller drive (for example if the data occupied only 200GB on 1TB source drive, then the target drive can be 200GB and cloning from 1TB to 200GB will work).
NTFS True scaling down new s/w release Example: We run a bench test with a 160GB source drive, which contains two NTFS partitions, 100MB boot partition, and the rest was Windows partition. The target drive is 120GB and the data load size is 16.4GB. The data is fragmented and previous s/w revision could not even copy to an 80GB target drive. The new s/w version allows the target drive to shrink from a 120GB drive all the way down to 23.5GB drive!
VHD Copy – Supports copy from source drive that contains multiple VHD files
Selective Capture – Supports selective capture of files and folders
Deploy drive – The application supports duplication of data from one source drive to many target drives, or from many sources drives to many targets drives up to 2:2 on SATA/SAS ports and more with USB3.0 ports
Erase operations – The application supports independent channel/port erase operations with the use of those erase protocols: DoD, Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase
Quick drive format – The application supports a quick format for NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, HFS+, and EXT4 file system.
Drive Diagnostics -The user can run drive diagnostics, such S.M.A.R.T tests and Read- Verify test that will report the location and amount of bad sectors and weak media.
- The SuperCopier application runs under secured Linux OS (Linux OS is not targeted by viruses and malware as Windows, for instance)
Also, the application is updated to clone Windows 10 drives
The unit built-in with 4 native SAS ports, 8 native USB3.0 ports, eSATA port, 2 USB2.0 ports, and 8″ Touchscreen colour LCD display.
Multiple Operation: The user can clone SAS drives from two source drives to two target drives (2:2) all in parallel operations. There are more possibilities with SATA and USB drives
- Case: Mobile, lightweight, and easy to carry
- Display: 8 “(800X600) LED back-light Touchscreen color LCD display
- Secure DC-in connector: Keyed and Locked DC-In connector to avoid accidental disconnect in the middle of the operation.
- Speed: Externally fast and efficient operation with less OS overhead
- GUI: The Cloning application is built with large and simple icons and it is easy to navigate
- Storage Interfaces: SAS, SATA, e-SATA enclosures, IDE(with supplied adapters), USB3.0, SCSI*, 1394*, Thunderbolt*, PCIE*, Mini-PCIE*, M.2 NGFF(SATA or PCIE base), NVMe*
- Storage Devices Supported Form Factors: 3.5 inches, 2.5 inches, ZIF, 1.8″, Micro-SATA, and Mini-SATA, M.2 NGFF
- OS: Linux Ubuntu 64 bit
- HPA/ DCO: The application supports detection, open, capture, or erase from HPA/DCO special areas on the drive
- Bad Sectors Handling: The user can select to skip bad sectors, skip bad blocks, or abort the operations
- 48bit LBA addressing: Support drives with size up to 256TB
- Flexible Port’s Role Assignment: The user can reassign the role of any of the unit’s target ports to be source or target
- Source Ports: Two SAS/SATA ports and two USB3.0 ports are set as source ports(The user can not change the role off those ports)
- Clone Mode: Mirror Image 100% bit by bit, Quick Clone of the file systems(Partitions), Selective Capture( Files and Folders), VHD Copy
- Log Files: The application generates extensive and detailed log-files that user can easily export to USB storage devices.(PDF/XML)
- Main Copy/Duplicate/Clone application Features:
- Mirror Image: 100% bit by bit for any size of master and target with any OS. the source drive and the target drives need to be the same make and size if the user needs to boot from the target drives. There is no limitation on what is the source drive file system. The user can image a portion of the drive by adjusting the % of the bit by bit mirror imaging. Also, the user can run HASH calculation on the transferred data in parallel to the copy operation.
- Selective Capture: Enable the user to select from the source drive, only selective files, and folder to copy. The source drive need to contain mountable partitions under Linux (FAT, exFAT, NTFS, HFS, EXT2-4)
- VHD copy: The user can select to copy from source drives contain VHD files
- Quick Capture- Advanced Smart Copy mode: Where the cloning and deploying process is done with a copy of file systems
- It supports source drives with FAT/NTFS/exFAT/HFS+/EXT -2-3-4 file system
- Automatic scan of all the partitions on the source drive
- Optional to scale all partitions, or scale only selective partition by user selection and choice
- Optional not to scale partitions
- Flexibility in cloning mode can be 1:1, 2:2 and more modes with use of USB3.0 to SATA adapters
- Scale Down: If the size of the DATA on the source drive (not the size of source drive) will fit the target drive, then the quick capture will be completed
- Automatic format and partitions the target drives: On-the-fly during the duplication runs
- Verification of the copied data:
- Built-in data transfer verification mode applied for all modes of copy
- For 100% bit by bit copy: The user can select to add optional HASH calculation value during the data transfer (MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2) as authentication and verification of the copied data. SHA-1 is the fastest mode and it almost adds not delay to the total copy time. For extra precaution, the user can also enable the option to “HASH target drives and compare” which will run an addition read pass over the target drives at the end of the copy, calculated HASH value by reading the data from the target drives, and compare the HASH values to the one that was generated from the source drive. That extra step add some extra time, for example, if running 100% bit by bit copy from 1TB source drive to 3 1TB target drives can take around 2h, HASH target drives and compare can add another hour to the total time
- Parallel Operations:
- Multiple Session Operations:
- Versatility with Multiple Cloning Sessions: The user can assign and selects one source and many targets into one session of cloning. Also, the user can have many sessions of cloning; each will have one source drive and at least one target drive, which gives the user more possibilities to use the unit in a very efficient way. The user can run multiple simultaneous parallel operations on any available ports. In addition, the user can combine more than one port to run in the same session. Also, the user can mix different type of operations, and each operation is set as a new independent session. An example of operations: Erase data with DoD protocol from a drive on one port, quick smart image on a second port and third ports, and so.
- The user can erase up to 10 storage devices in multiple independence sessions, or clone from one source drive up to 9 target drives (1:9) in one session operation, or clone from 5 source drives to 5 target drives (5:5) in 3 separate sessions (With the use very fast USB3.0 to SATA adapters).
- Multiple Sessions Application Screen: All running sessions are displayed in one Application Screen. The application screen shows the name of the session, the operation of the session, the error or abortion flag, completion progress bar, successful completion flag. The user can abort a session, tap on a session to monitor its real time running progress and get the detailed setting. It is a very easy way to view, navigate, and control the sessions
- Drive Detection Application Screen: All drives and storage devices that are connected to the units will be scanned and displayed in one application screen, called “the detection screen”. The user can tap on each drive to get its detailed info, as well as selecting it for the desired operation they are planning to use
- Native SAS: 4 Ports
- Native SATA: 5 Ports (With one e-SATA port)
- USB3.0: 8 Ports
- USB2.0: 2 Ports
- More Ports:
- With the use of USB3.0 to SATA fast adapters and with the combination of e-SATA port, the unit can support up to 13 SATA drives.
- Erase Drives operation: Use DoD 5220-22M, DoD Lite (Total of 4 passes), Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, or user define pattern and numbers of iterations. Security Erase and DoD protocols are NIST 800-88 compliance
- Quick Format Drives: FAT32, NTFS, exFAT, EXT4, HFS+
- Drive Diagnostics and S.M.A.R.T. drive tests: If user intend to erase drive for re-use purpose, it would be recommended to to run some “Health test” on the drive prior to erase process. There are available are 4 type of tests: Read-Verify test(Supported by all storage protocols), Short Test (2-5 minutes) which scan random area on the drive, Extended Full Test (Can take hours) that scan the entire drive, or Conveyance Test that identify damage incurred during transporting of the drive, to evaluate the “health” condition of the drive prior to the erase operation. (S.M.A.R.T. tests are only supported by SATA/SAS/SCSI storage protocols)
- Erase Certification: The Application generates erase certification(NIST 800-88) that user can easy export to USB storage devices. The user can add his company logo to the erase certification and also add additional info on the erase run that will appended to the certification.
- USB3.0 to SATA adapters and Kits Option: Today USB3.0 technology is extremely fast and can run read data from SSD drives up to 20GB/min.With the use of USB3.0 to SATA 4 channel Kit, user can convert 4 USB3.0 ports to 4 SATA ports on any of MediaClone unit. The optional Kit is supplied with one external PS and it includes all the cabling to power and connects the 4 USB3.0 to SATA adapters. The tested performance when running 4 adapters in parallel was measured at a very high speed and very little speed degradation.
- Expansion Port Option and Expansion Box Option: An optional port that needs to be installed at the time of purchasing of the main unit. This additional expansion port gives the user the ability to plug and use Expansion Box with SCSI, 1394 controllers, and ability to support clone and erase data from 1394, SCSI Drive (With the purchasing of the SCSI 2 Drives Option Kit)
- SCSI KIT Option: The SCSI Kit includes the low profile PCIE X1 SCSI controller with single port, 2 channel SCSI LVDS cable (68pin connectors), SCSI terminator, and VHDCI to SCSI 2 adapter
- 1394 Option: This option is supplied with 1394 controller. It is a very easy and quick way to add support for 1394 devices that can be daisy chained. This option works on units that support, and installed with Expansion Port or Expansion Box
- Thunderbolt Option:With the use of 1394 Option and Thunderbolt to 1394 adapter, a user can connect the unit into a Mac that have a TB port (The Mac need to be booted in target mode) and access the Mac internal drive
- USB3.0/SATA to M.2 (NGFF) SATA base adapters Option: Most current laptops and tablets use M.2 (NGFF) Storage devices. This adapter supports connectivity to some of the newest SSD M.2 digital storage (Storage that supported by SATA Protocols). There is a class of SSD drives, with NGFF connectors, that are not supported by SATA protocols, and are not supported by those adapters. The M.2 NGFF connectors, for instance, came in a variety of models, and were not standardized until 2014
- USB3.0/SATA to M.2 (NGFF) PCIE base adapters Option(not NVMe): Few adapters are available that supports PCIE base SSD that are been used in MackBook Air 2012+, MacBook Pro Retina 2012+ , MacBook 2013-14 with special interface (12+16), and adapter with M.2 generic B+M connectors
- Built-in USA: The units are built and tested in the US
- Multiple Session Operations: