It is affordable and extremely fast operation, cloning data from hard disk drives and storage devices at a very high speed. The unit can clone data in 2 mode of operations: a mirror mode with 100% bit by bit imaging, or quick capture mode/smart clone that clone the files system. The unit supports 3 native SATA ports, 4 native USB3.0 ports. User can clone from one source to 2 destination with SATA ports (1:2), or two sources to two destination (2:2) with the use of USB3.0 ports. The unit is very small, lightweight, easy to carry, built-in with 7″ Touchscreen color LCD display. The Copier cloning application is very simple and easy to use and it designed to work with touchscreen navigation icons. The performance of the unit is very high, clone Solid State Drives (SSD) at 28GB/Min, 1TB WD Blue SATA Hard Disk Drives at 10GB/min. Also available is optional Li-Polymer External Battery, where user can clone 1:2 WD 1TB for 2h, or clone USB drive or any flash media for 5h
The Copier application supports many modes of operations, such as:
1) Mirror mode, Imaging drive with 100% bit by bit copy – any OS and any file system, with Hash verification mechanism which includes Hash target drives and compare to source drive for 100% data transfered verification. User can also image a portion of the drive by adjusting the % of the bit by bit mirror imaging
2) Duplication drives with a Quick Copy/Advanced Smart Copy – The application supports duplication of the files system only, from many source drives that have the following file system: FAT/NTFS/exFAT/Linux EXT2-4 to many target drives.
Also, the application automatically performs:
a) Partitions scanning on the source drives
b) Partitions scaling on the target drives.
c) Scale Options:
1) Scale all partitions
2) Selectively scale partitions
3) Disable scaling
4) Scale down partittion: If the data on the source drive does not occupied the whole drive, user can copy it to a smaller drive (for example if the data occupied only 200GB on 1TB source drive, than the target drive can be 200GB and cloning from 1TB to 200GB will work).
NTFS True scaling down new s/w release Example:
We run a bench test with a 160GB source drive, which contains two NTFS partitions, 100MB boot partition, and the rest was Windows partition. The target drive is 120GB and the data load size is 16.4GB. The data is fragmented and previous s/w revision could not even copy to an 80GB target drive. The new s/w version allows the target drive to shrink from a 120GB drive all the way down to 23.5GB drive!
d) Ability to Copy Encrypted partition and unrecognized partition
3) Deploy drive – The application supports duplication of data from one source drive to many target drives, or from many source drives to many target drives up to 2:2 with USB3.0 ports
4) Erase operations – The application supports independent channel/port erase operations with the use of those erase protocols: DoD, Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase
5) Quick drive format – The application supports a quick format for NTFS, exFAT, FAT32, HFS+, and EXT4 file system
6) Drive Diagnostics: User can run drive diagnostics on Target drives, such S.M.A.R.T tests and Read- Verify test that will report the location and amount of bad sectors and weak media.
7) The Copier application runs under secured Linux OS (Linux OS is not targeted by viruses and malware as Windows, for instance)
8) Also the application is updated to clone drives with Windows 10
The third mode of operation is Drive Diagnostics: The user can select to run Ready-Verify test and 3 S.M.A.R.T. drive tests in multi session parallel operations.
Case: Mobile, small, lightweight, and easy to carry.
Display: 7 inch (1280X800) LED back-light color LCD display with Touchscreen.
Secure DC-in connector: Keyed and Locked DC-In connector to avoid accidental disconnect in the middle of operation.
GUI: The Cloning application is built with large and simple icons and it is easy to navigate.
Storage Interfaces: SATA, e-SATA enclosures, IDE(with supplied adapters), USB3.0, M.2 NGFF(SATA base and PCIE base)
Storage Devices Supported Form Factors: 3.5 inch, 2.5 inch, ZIF, 1.8″, Micro-SATA, and Mini-SATA, M.2 NGFF
OS: Ubuntu Linux 64bit
Clone Mode: Mirror Image 100% bit by bit, or Quick Capture where the cloning and deploying process is done with copy of file systems only
Flexible Port’s Role Assignment: User can re-assign any port a role to be source or target.
HPA/ DCO: Application supports detection, open, capture, or erase from HPA/DCO special areas on the drive
Bad Sectors Handling: User can select to skip bad sectors, skip bad blocks, or abort the operations
48bit LBA addressing: Support drives with size up to 256TB
Cloning Default Source Ports: One SATA port and one USB3.0 port are set as source ports for cloning operation (Those ports role can be changed by the user
GUI: The application is built with large and very simple and easy-to-navigate icons. In a few clicks user can set the operation, and it will be quickly up and running
Speed: Extremely fast operation: 100% bit by bit can be up to 29GB/min with SSD and 11GB/min with fast Hard Disk Drives
Support Smart Copy From OS: NTFS, FAT, exFAT. EXT2-4
Log Files: Audit trail in PDF formats, or TXT formats with ability to customize the reports and adding user company’ logo. Log files can be exported to USB flash drive
Main application Features:
• Erase data from hard disk drives
• Clone: Mirror bit by bit (Any OS) or Smart Quick cloning (NTFS, FAT, exFAT, EXT2-4)
• Quick Format of hard disk drives
Main Copy/Duplicate/Clone application Features:
• Mirror Image: 100% bit by bit for any size of master and target with any OS. Source and targets drives need to be the same make and size if user needs to boot from the target drives. User can image a portion of the drive by adjusting the % of the bit by bit mirror imaging
• Quick Capture- Advanced Smart Copy mode: Where the cloning and deploying process is done with copy of file system.
It supports source drives with FAT/NTFS/EXT2-4 file system
Automatic scan for all the partitions on the source drive
Optional to scale all partitions, or scale only selective partition by user selection and choice
Optional not to scale partitions
Flexibility in cloning mode can be 1:2 and more modes with use of USB3.0 to SATA adapters
Automatic format and partitions the target drives: On-the-fly during the duplication runs
Verification of the copied data:
Built-in data transfer verification mode applied for all modes of copy
For 100% bit by bit copy: User can select to add optional Hash calculation value during the data transfer (MD5, SHa-1, SHA-2) as authentication and verification of the copied data. SHA-1 is the fastest mode and it almost adds not delay to the total copy time. For extra precaution, user can also enable the option to “Hash target drives and compare” which will run an addition read pass over the target drives at the end of the copy, calculated Hash value by reading the data from the target drives, and compare the Hash values to the one that was generated from the source drive. That extra step add some extra time, for example if running 100% bit by bit copy from 1TB source HDD to 2TB targets HDD can takes around 2h, Hash target drives and compare can add another hour to the total time
Multiple Session Operations:
• Versatility with Multiple Cloning Sessions: User can assign and selects one source and many targets into one session of cloning. Also user can have many sessions of cloning, each will have source and at least one target, which gives the user more possibilities to use the unit in a very efficient way. User can run a multiple efficient parallel operation on any available ports. There are some limitations on the number of simultaneous sessions: i5 CPU has 4 sessions limitation. However, user can combine more than one port/storage devices in the same sessions. Also. user can mix different type of operations, and each operation is set as a new independent session. Example of operations: Erase data with DoD protocol from a hard disk drive on one port, quick smart image on a second port and third ports, and so.
User can erase up to 7 storage devices in multiple independence sessions, or clone from one source drive up to 6 target drives (1:6) in one session, or clone from 3 source drives to 3 target drives (3:3) in 3 separate sessions (With the use very fast USB3.0 to SATA adapters).
• Multiple Session Application Screen: All running sessions are displayed in one Application Screen. The application screen shows the name of the session, the operation of the session, the error or abortion flag, completion progress bar, successful completion flag. User can abort a session, tap on a session to monitor its real time running progress and get detailed setting. It is a very easy way to view, navigate, and control the sessions
• Hard Drive Detection Application Screen: All hard disk drives and storage devices that are connected to the units will be scanned and displayed in one application screen, called “the detection screen”. User can tap on each drive to get its detailed info, as well as selecting it for the desired operation they are planning to use
• Native SATA: 3 Ports
• USB3.0: 4 Ports
With the use of USB3.0 to SATA fast adapters, the unit can support up to 7 SATA drives.
Save Images to local network
Erase and Quick Format Operation:
Hard Disk Drive Erase Protocols: DoD 5220-22M, Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, or User-Defined Final Data Filling Pattern, and the number of erase iterations (Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, and DoD erase protocols are NIST 800-88 compliance)
Quick Format: NTFS, FAT, exFAT, HFS+, EXT4
S.M.A.R.T. drive tests: If user intend to erase drive for re-use purpose, it would be recommended to to run some “Health test” on the drive prior to erase process. There are available are 3 type of tests: Short Test (2-5 minutes) which scan random area on the drive, Extended Full Test (Can take hours) that scan the entire drive, or Conveyance Test that identify damage incurred during transporting of the drive, to evaluate the “health” condition of the drive prior to erase operation
Erase Certification: The application generates extensive erase log files and erase certification (option to save to NIST 800-88 format) that are easy to export to USB flash drive
Erase Hard Disk Drives operation: Use DOD 5220-22M, Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, or user define pattern and numbers of iterations.
Quick Format Hard Disk Drives: FAT32, NTFS, exFAT, EXT4, HFS+
USB3.0 to SATA adapters and Kits Option: Today USB3.0 technology is extremely fast and can run read data from SSD drives up to 20GB/min.With the use of USB3.0 to SATA 4 channel Kit, user can convert 4 USB3.0 ports to 4 SATA ports on any of MediaClone unit. The optional Kit is supplied with one external PS and it includes all the cabling to power and connect the 4 USB3.0 to SATA adapters. The tested performance when running 4 adapters in parallel was measured at a very high speed and very little speed degradation.
USB3.0/SATA to M.2 (NGFF) SATA base adapters Option: Most current laptops and tablets use M.2 (NGFF) Storage devices. This adapter supports connectivity to some of the newest SSD M.2 digital storage (Storage that supported by SATA Protocols). There is a class of SSD drives, with NGFF connectors, that are not supported by SATA protocols, and are not supported by those adapters. The M.2 NGFF connectors, for instance, came in a variety of models, and were not standardized until 2014
USB3.0/SATA to M.2 (NGFF) PCIE base adapters Option: Few adapters are available that supports PCIE base SSD that are been used in MackBook Air 2012+, MacBook Pro Retina 2012+ , MacBook 2013-14 with special interface (12+16), and adapter with M.2 generic B+M connectors