Diamond Cut Forensics Audio Laboratory
Full Software, no previous software required.
Diamond Cut Forensics8 Audio Laboratory contains a large number of new features, improvements and enhancements that will make it a “must have” tool for any forensics lab.
Here are some of the highlights:
- New Auto Voice Tool – This is a Major new tool. It has two independent math processes that adapt in real time. One finds noise and the other finds human speech. These are then separated. This is a tool you should try first with any voice recording as it’s so quick and easy.
- New Cell Phone Noise Filter – This new tool allows you to “teach” the program what a cell noise impulse looks like. It’ll then search out those impulses and remove them and replace the pulse with interpolated good audio. You’ll find this is useful on a wide variety of cell noises that are picked up by nearby recorders.
- New Spectrogram Functionality – The tool has many enhancements but retains its super high resolution and fast speed. You can even scroll the spectrogram while playing audio. This is now a great tool to do authenticity studies.
- New DeClipper tool – Now includes two methods for the repair of clipped and distorted signals. One has an adjustable strength and the other uses a method of frequency domain interpolation. The result is much more distortion is removed.
- New Voice ID Function – Uses industry standard approach to allow you to see and rank the speech formants of a selected word, syllable or other speech. It also shows a frequency response plot and a Cepstrum graph. It provides the tools necessary for an expert analysis of speech characteristics.
- New Overtone And Sub-Harmonic Synthesizer – Allows the operator to add some “fidelity” into muffled or otherwise hard to understand speech.
- New support for Flac, Ogg Vorbis and Broadcast Wave audio file formats.
- Voice Garbler – This tool disguises a human voice making it unrecognizable as to person and the process used in non-reversible providing security sometimes needed in Forensics audio where a person needs to remain covert.
- (New in 8.10) Improved Harmonic reject filter. More natural sounding with less intrusion on original material.
- (New in 8.10) Added option to save temp files in the same diretory as the source file, so you can archive your work in progress with all edits.
- (New in 8.10) Improved support for adding track numbers to ripped and chopped tracks.
- (New in 8.10) Added Tune Library sorting based on track number or dates.
- (New in 8.5) Added low frequency shelf to the Paragraphic EQ
- Documentation – Spiral Bound, 570 Page Printed Users Guide and comprehensive Help File
DC Forensics8 also includes all of the features of DC8 and a few more:
- New Big Click Filter
- Big Click added to the EZ Impulse Filter
- New Manual Click replacement provided in the Spectrograph View
- Extended the length of the time interval capability of the Manual Interpolation Function
- New bi-modal algorithm to the Manual Interpolator which uses both time and frequency domain techniques for greater signal replacement accuracy
- Independent Hot key access to the Time Domain Only manual Interpolator
- DC Tune Library Features:
- Provides Multifilter support to play your files through any filter or combination of filters
- Shuffle Play Feature
- New Continuous Play Mode
- CD Player integrated
- Spacebar start/stop playback
- Time Display added
- Expanded list of default Genres
- Secondary Sort Capability for easier to read displays of artist/album/song
- Direct .wav file header editor added
- Presets added to the Make Waves Signal Generator
- Entire Musical Scale Ranging from C0 to D9# added as Presets
- Data Disc Burning Capability for CDs, DVDs & CDR-Ws
- Disc at once mode added to the CD burner
- CD text support added to the CD burner
- Data Disc Burning Capability Added (CD & DVD)
- Hotkey access added for the Spectrogram Function
- Added 49 LP Phono Equalization Curves to the VPA
- Added numerous presets to other filters and effects
- Marker Transfer capability provided between the Source and Destination Windows
- Scrubbing Tool added to rock back and forth over a file sector
- Time Domain Tracking / Waveform Scrolling while playing is provided
- DC Playlist play bar scrolling and random access to play position provided
- User Selectable Display Themes provides choices of skins and color schemes based on personal preference
- Improved the flexibility of the Spectrogram Function
- Increased the Frequency Resolution of the Standard Spectrogram
- Added Gamma Control and Inverse Palette to Spectrogram
- Normalized Gain Scaling added to the Batch Processor
- Expanded Play List extension(s) support
- Mouse Wheel controlled Zooming In &Zoom Out
- File Systems directories compliant with Win 7 requirements
- Added Shortcuts on the Start Menu for all of the demo wave files.
**This product does not included a printed manual. We include an electronic PDF version of the users manual and installation CD. We are out of stock of the printed users manuals and will not be printing any more.
Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32 or 64bit)