FREDDIE is the ultimate solution in mobile forensic processing power.
FREDDIE is the little brother of our larger FRED unit. Like its older brother, FREDDIE is a highly integrated, flexible and modular forensic platform designed from the ground up for both the acquisition and analysis of computer evidence with the added advantage of being highly portable. FREDDIE uses the same motherboard, and many of the same components, as our larger FRED unit. The removable devices in our custom forensic bays can be used in both FRED and FREDDIE.
The Mobile Computer Forensic Solution
FREDDIE is designed for use on location at electronic crime scenes. Remove the hard drive(s) from the suspect system and plug them into FREDDIE and acquire the electronic evidence. FREDDIE is designed to acquire data directly from IDE/EIDE/ATA/SATA/ATAPI/SAS/USB/Firewire hard drives and storage devices.No more worrying about the problems encountered trying to configure parallel devices on suspect equipment in order to use external backup devices.
The UltraBay 3 – Integrated IDE, SATA, SAS, USB and Firewire Write Blockers
2X FASTER THAN THE ULTRABAY II
WITH SPEEDS UP TO 15.4GB PER MINUTE!
The Digital Intelligence UltraBay 3 is included in the uFRED and can be used to acquire a forensically sound image of IDE, SATA, SAS, USB and Firewire drives using your choice of Forensic Imaging software. Your drives may be connected and removed from the UltraBay 3 without having to shut down the workstation. The UltraBay 3 is available on Digital Intelligence uFRED and FREDDIE systems.
Space, Flexibility and Power
FREDDIE comes with two high capacity hard drives. One of these drives is used for your forensic acquisition and processing tools and the other drive as a work drive for restoring and processing electronic evidence. With multiple boot menu options, FREDDIE can be booted into data acquisition mode with PDBlock loaded automatically, write protecting the suspect hard drive. Another boot option can be configured to place FREDDIE in data analysis mode with full access to your forensic analysis tools.
Network Functionality Built In
FREDDIE also has the ability to connect directly to a 10Mb, 100Mb, or even Gigabit Ethernet networks for use as a standard workstation when not processing or acquiring data. With the addition of Network Analysis software (Packet Analyzer), FREDDIE can even be used to monitor network traffic and communications at the crime scene.
Baseline FREDDIE Specifications
- 14″ High, 17 1/4″ Wide, 10 1/4″ Deep – 55 lbs
- Intel Core i7-5820K CPU (Hex Core Processor), 3.3 GHz, 10MB Intel Smart Cache, 5 GT/s DMI
- 32 GB (4x8GB)PC3-17000 DDR4 2133 MHz Memory
- 1 x 256 GB Solid State SATA III Drive – OS Drive
- 1 x 128 GB Solid State SATA III Drive – Temp/Cache/DB Drive
- 1 x 2.0 TB 7200 RPM SATA III Hard Drive – Data Drive installed in HotSwap Bay1
- Nvidia GTX 750Ti 2GB 128 bit DDR5 PCI-Express Video Card with 1 VGA (D-Dub), 1 HDMI, and 2 DVI ports – supports up 4 displays
Windows 8.1 Professional (64 bit)
Also includes: DOS (Win98 Standalone), SUSE Professional Linux (64 bit)
UltraBay 3 Hardware Write-Blocker:
- Integrated IDE Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated SATA Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated SAS Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated USB 3.0/2.0 Write Blocker
- Integrated FireWire IEEE 1394b Write Blocker
Digital Intelligence Forensic Media Card Reader – Read-Only and Read/Write switchable
Detailed System Specifications:
ATX Aluminum Portable Case with Internal speakers, 17″ Active TFT LCD Video Display Panel, and Integrated Windows Keyboard w/Touchpad
500 Watt ATX Modular power supply
i7 Motherboard with Intel X99 Chipset
7 PCI-Express 3.0(x16) Slots
8 ports Intel 6 Gb/s SATA Controller
1 port Intel SATA Express Controller (or 2 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports)
1 port ASMedia SATA Express Controller (or 2 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports)
8 Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 2
2 RJ45 LAN ports (Intel I210-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN Intel I218LM, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controllers)
2 eSATA 6 Gb/s ports – ASMedia controller
11 USB 3.0/2.0 ports – 11 Side Mounted LeftDetailed System Specifications:
ATX Aluminum Portable Case with Internal speakers, 17″ Active TFT LCD Video Display Panel, and
2 USB 3.1 ports – 2 Side Mounted Left
1 Write Blocked USB 3.0/2.0 port – Side Mounted Right
2 FireWire IEEE 1394b (800 MB/s) ports – 1 Back Mounted, 1 Front Mounted(Write Blocked)
4 x 2.5″ SATA Drive Chassis with external access
1 x HotSwap Shock Mounted Universal (IDE/SATA compatible) Removable Hard Drive Bays
BD-R/BD-RE/DVD±RW/CD±RW Blu-ray Burner Dual-Layer Combo Drive
Other Software included :
Symantec Ghost, CD Authoring Software, DRIVESPY, IMAGE, PDWIPE, PART, and PDBLOCK
Wheeled Soft Case
- CD Case: Containing system restore media.
- System Keys: For removeable hard drive bays.
- Adapters and Cables: Cables and adapters to image and process internal/external drives including SAS, SATA, IDE, microSATA, SATA LIF, MacBook Air Blade Type SSDs, mini/micro SSD cards, 1.8 inch IDE (iPod) and 2.5 inch IDE (laptop).
- Digital Camera: Useful to document your suspects environment and hardware.
- Security Screwdriver Set: A varied assortment of popular security bits for opening computer enclosures that may have been locked down in a corporate environment.