The OCX1100 open networking switch is designed for large cloud builders looking to capitalize on innovations derived from real-world massive scale data center customer environments and backed by the industry-recognized Open Compute Project (OCP) Foundation.
The OCX1100 combines the power of Juniper’s hardened, carrier-class Junos operating system software with cloud-optimized, open source switching hardware built on commercially sourced components. Featuring an OCP-submitted design, the OCX1100 ensures customers are running a consistent and open hardware platform.
By offering a single-source solution, the OCX1100 offers customers the economies of an open hardware design while providing a level of support and reliability not typically available with other white box solutions.
- Cloud-optimized solution delivers a cost effective, open-source switching solution for large-scale cloud deployments where cost is more important than advanced feature sets.
- Open architecture based on Open Computing Platform (OCP) design specifications, allowing customers to leverage the open source hardware design community.
- Superior reliability from a combination of carrier-class Junos operating system with an open-source hardware architecture that’s also a cost-effective switching solution.
- Single-source solution of the OCX1100 virtually eliminates integration and support risk for customers.
- Consistent operating environment of Junos on the cloud-optimized OCX1100 switch lowers the learning curve for customers who already use Juniper switches, routers or security appliances in other parts of their network.
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||17.3 x 1.72 x 19.2 in (44.0 x 4.4 x 48.7 cm); 1U|
|Power Options||100 to 240 VAC (single phase) at 50/60 Hz or -40.5 VDC to -60 VDC|
|Cooling||Four hot-swappable fans modules with reversible air flow|
|Operating Temperature||0°C to 40°C|
|Form Factor||Fixed-configuration platform|
|Data Rate (switching capacity)||1.08 Bpps|
|Port Densities||48 1GbE/10GbE SFP/SSFP+ ports; 6 40GbE QFP+ ports|
|Maximum 10GbE Density||72 ports (48 10GbE SFP/SFP+ ports + 24 10GbE ports using QSFP+ to SFP+ direct attach copper (DAC) or QSFP+ to SFP+ fiber splitter cables and optics)|
|Maximum 40GbE Density||6 ports|
|Resiliency||Dual hot-swappable AC or DC power supplies for 1+1 redundancy (one included)
Four hot-swappable redundant fan module ports
|Buffer Size||12MB Shared|
|Jumbo Frames||9,216 Bytes|
|IPv4 Unicast Routes||112,000|
|IPv4 Multicast Routes||104,000|
|IPv6 Unicast Routes||56,000|
|IPv6 Multicast Routes||52,000|