Data Destroyer D2 Automatic CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray Destroyer (NSA & DoD Approved)
The Data Destroyer DX has been evaluated by NSA and meets the requirements of NSA/CSS Specification 04-02 for Optical Media Destruction Devices. This newest generation premium destruction device deploys a patented technology that eradicates data on CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Ray discs completely and permanently by sanding down the data-storing layers of the compact disc into dust. With the Data Destroyer DX there is absolutely no possibility of forensic recovery of any kind.
Fast, Clean Optical Media Destruction
Fast and convenient, the data-storing layers of a CD, DVD or Blu-Ray disc are sanded off in under 18 seconds per disc. Lightweight, highly portable and quiet enough for an office environment, the DX is safe, clean, and inexpensive to operate. All materials are reduced to dust. The destroyer features two operational speeds. The slower speed enables the user to remove sticky and gummy labels together with a CD. DVD and Blu-Ray discs require the labels to be manually removed from the disc before destruction, employing a special disc splitter. An automatic label splitter is also available.
Destroys to Government Specification
The DX has been evaluated by the NSA and meets the requirements of NSA/CSS 04-02 for Optical Media Destruction. It also meets NIST SP 800-88 standard for Optical Disc Destruction. The unit is HIPAA, FACTA, Sarbanes-Oxley and Gramm-Leach-Bliley compliant.
Now Listed in Canada’s G1-001 Security Equipment Guide (SEG)
The DX now meets the requirements of the Canadian Royal Mounted Police (RCMP) for listing in the G1-001 Security Equipment Guide (SEG)* as an approved device for the destruction of all Classified and Protected information on optical media when used in accordance with the operating instructions. The SEG contains additional information on the approved use and application of the product.
*Access to this site and the SEG is restricted to authorized the Canadian Federal Government and its agencies.
The simple push button operation permits every operator to use the machine, and the cost is less than 1 cent per disc for permanent and absolute safe destruction. The disc cutter and dust bag must be replaced after the destruction of 500 to 1,000 discs.
- DoD & NSA Approved for CD, DVD, and Blu-Ray Optical Media Destruction
- Very Lightweight for Mobile Operation
- Fast Operation: Destroys Optical Discs in Less Than 18 Seconds
- Automatically Grinds Sticky and Gummy Labels on CDs (DVD and Blu-Ray Discs Require Separate Label Splitter)
- HIPAA, FACTA, Sarbanes-Oxley and Gramm-Leach-Bliley compliant
- Any Government Security Organization Requiring Mobile DoD and NSA-Approved Equipment
- Department of Defence
- Army and Air Force
- Military Suppliers Requiring DoD and NSA-Approved Optical Media Destruction Equipment
- Military Security and Communications Offices
- U.S. Embassies and Consulates
- Light- to Medium-Volume CD & DVD Users With Security Requirements
- Banks and Financial Institutions With High Security Requirements
- Medical Industry
- CD and CD-R
- DVD (with splitter)
- BLU-RAY (with splitter)