The Complete Forensic Hardware Solution
FRED systems are optimized for stationary laboratory acquisition and analysis. Simply remove the hard drive(s) from the suspect system and plug them into FRED and acquire the digital evidence. FRED will acquire data directly from IDE/EIDE/ATA/SATA/ATAPI/SAS/Firewire/USB hard drives and storage devices and save forensic images to Blu-Ray, DVD, CD or hard drives. FRED systems also acquire data from Blu-Ray, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, Compact Flash, Micro Drives, Smart Media, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, xD Cards, Secure Digital Media and Multimedia Cards. Furthermore, with the optional tape drive FRED is capable of archiving to or acquiring evidence from LTO Ultrium 5 tapes. All FRED systems include the UltraBay, front panel connections, and removable drive trays so there is no need to open up the processing system to install drives or crawl around the back of the unit to attach devices.
Dual Xeon Hex Core Speed (12 Processors)
Dual Processor system implementations have traditionally been “server centric” with: outdated chipsets, poor memory bandwidth, poor I/O bandwidth, and limited support for integrated peripherals. Digital Intelligence designed the first Dual Processor system with all the pre-requisite performance, flexibility, and reliably required of a Forensic Recovery of Evidence Device (FRED). This system is built on a dual-processor 64-bit Xeon Motherboard, with outstanding flexibility, integrated peripheral support, and performance far beyond anything previously seen in a Forensic Workstation.
Ventilated Imaging Shelf
Selected FRED systems include our ventilated imaging shelf for maximum drive cooling during the imaging process:
- Integrated Retractable imaging shelf (fully retracts into the system when not in use).
- Dual fans for maximum cooling and surface coverage.
- Auto On/Off switch when shelf is opened or closed.
- Slotted, cushioned, non-conductive, non-skid, surface supports all popular drive sizes (3-1/2″, 2-1/2″, 1.8″, etc).
FRED SR is an FTK and EnCase Solution, not only that FRED SR meets or exceeds the ideal recommended system specifications for FTK and EnCase.
Baseline FRED SR Specifications
- 23 1/2″ High (25 1/2″ w/Wheels), 16 1/8″ Wide, 28″ Deep – 140 lbs
- Dual(2) Intel Xeon® E5-2620 v3 CPU, (Hex Core) 2.4 GHz, 15MB Cache, 8.0 GT/s Intel® QPI
- 32 GB (4x8GB) PC4-17000 DDR4 2133 MHz ECC Memory
- 1 x 256 GB Solid State SATA III Drive – OS Drive
- 1 x 128 GB Solid State SATA III Hard Drive – Temp/Cache/DB Drive
- 1 x 2.0 TB 7200 RPM SATA III Hard Drive – Data Drive installed in HotSwap Bay1
- Nvidia GTX 750Ti 2GB 128 bit DDR5 PCI-Express Video Card with 1 VGA (D-Dub), 1 HDMI, and 2 DVI ports – supports up 4 displays
- 22″ WideScreen LCD Monitor with Built-in Speakers
Windows 8 Professional (64 bit)
Also includes: DOS (Win98 Standalone), SUSE Professional Linux (64 bit)
Triple RAID Chassis Option
16 Channel PCIe 6 Gb/s SAS/SATA RAID Controller
Qty 3 – RAID Chassis with 5 removable drive bays
RAID Set #1
500 GB 7200 RPM SATA III Hard Drive Set (Set of 5 Drives)
RAID Set #2
2 TB 7200 RPM SATA III Hard Drive Set (Set of 5 Drives)
RAID Set #3
2 TB 7200 RPM SATA III Hard Drive Set (Set of 5 Drives)
LTO Ultrium 5 Tape Drive Option – Internal LTO 5 Tape Drive
Includes Controller Card, Tape Drive, 1 Tape(1.5 TB uncompressed/ 3.0 TB compressed), 1 Cleaning Tape
Hardware Write Blocking:
Digital Intelligence UltraBay 3d Hardware Write-Blocker with touch screen display:
- Integrated IDE Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated SATA Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated SAS Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated USB 3.0/2.0 Write Blocker
- Integrated FireWire IEEE 1394b Write Blocker
Digital Intelligence Forensic Media Card Reader – Read-Only and Read/Write switchable
Detailed System Specifications:
- ATX Double-Wide Black Server Case 23 x 5 1/4″ Bays
- 1100 Watt Modular power supply
- Dual Intel Socket 2011-3 Motherboard for Xeon processor E5-2600 v3 Product Family
- Intel C612 Chipset
- 8 DIMM Slots supporting DDR4 1600/1866/2133 Registered ECC memory
- 7 PCI-Express 3.0(x16)Slots
- 8 ports Intel 6 Gb/s SATA Controller
- 1 port Intel SATA Express Controller (or 2 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports)
- 1 port ASMedia SATA Express Controller (or 2 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports)
- 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- 2 Intel I210-AT Gigabit LAN RJ45 ports
- 1 PS/2 Ports (Keyboard & Mouse Combo)
- 10 USB 3.0/2.0 Ports – 7 Back Mounted, 3 Front Mounted
- 2 USB 2.0/1.1 Ports – 2 Back Mounted
- 1 Write Blocked USB 3.0/2.0 port – Front Mounted
- 2 FireWire IEEE 1394b (800 MB/s) ports – 1 Back Mounted, 1 Front Mounted(Write Blocked)
- 2 x Shock Mounted SATA Removable Hard Drive Bays (IDE Capable)
- 3 x HotSwap Shock Mounted Universal (IDE/SATA compatible) Removable Hard Drive Bays
- BD-R/BD-RE/DVD±RW/CD±RW Blu-ray Burner Dual-Layer Combo Drive
- Extendable/Retractable Imaging Workshelf with integrated ventilation
- 103 key Keyboard and Mouse Combo – Wireless
Other Software included:
- Norton Ghost
- CD Authoring Software
Warranty 1 year parts and labour
Toolbox Contains :
- CD Case : Containing system restore media.
- System Keys : For removeable hard drive bays and doors.
- Adapters and Cables : To image and process internal/external drives including SAS, SATA, IDE, microSATA, SATA LIF, MacBook Air Blade Type SSDs, mini/micro SSD cards, 1.8 inch IDE (iPod) and 2.5 inch IDE (laptop).
- Digital Camera : Useful to document your suspects environment and hardware.
- Security Screwdriver Set : A varied assortment of popular security bits for opening computer enclosures that may have been locked down in a corporate environment.
- OEM Documents